AT WAVEFRONT / VIEW ALL JOBS
About the Company
Wavefront is Canada’s leader in transforming business through mobile and IoT innovation. We are a centre for commercialization for companies in the wireless and IoT technologies space and our vision is to build a globally relevant, nationally connected ecosystem that delivers digital capacity, competitiveness and prosperity for Canadians.
Founded 10 years ago, Wavefront has helped accelerate the growth of 500 wireless enabled companies. We deliver our programs and services across Canada through satellite offices and partnerships. We have helped over 200 companies expand into global markets and assisted our clients in securing over $100 million in follow on investment. We work with companies at all stages of their life-cycle and across multiple industry sectors to help launch new business models, change organizational processes or enhance their customers’ experiences. Our expertise, resources and connections to partnership opportunities and global markets enable companies to accelerate their commercial impact. Wavefront has generated net economic gains for Canada, contributing to all levels of government through tax revenues and job creation.
As Scrum Master, Enterprise Solutions you act as a servant-leader by providing required coaching, helping to create high-value products or removing impediments preventing their progress
You will collaborate with the development team, trusted partners, finance, and most importantly, the clients to ensure key user stories are delivered. Not one to shy away from confrontation, you must be eloquent, yet assertive in negotiations with both internal members and external partners.
To thrive in this role, you must have exhibited natural leadership and superb communication skills in the corporate and technology sectors. You enjoy spontaneity, and understand the importance of interdependence.
With our rapidly growing Toronto team, your impact will be large in the overall office culture and success of the company. We are looking for fun collaborative individuals who are ready to roll up their sleeves, build amazing products, and help Canada push the boundaries in technology. We pride ourselves in solving wicked problems; ones that have yet to be solved.
- Ensure transparency throughout delivery utilizing Agile best practices such as Sprint Planning, Release and Sprint Burndown, Daily Scrum, Sprint Demos, and Retrospectives
- Mentor and coach team members on Agile principals and best practices
- Manage product owner’s expectations, keep team members accountable, and help resolve any conflicts within the teams
- Support the teams for any required escalations (internal or external including vendor), for complex problem resolution and for dependencies and/or coordination between teams
- Ensure quality assurance processes are interwoven throughout the delivery phases by all team members, as well as the client and other stakeholders
- Conduct stand-up meetings and facilitate weekly activities & reports to ensure the Product Owner has a clear view of the project/sprint activities, risks, and overall health
- Facilitate the effective breakdown of epics into user stories, to attain high levels of sprint velocity within corporate constraints, to plan and execute against Sprint roadmaps
- Manage project specific backlog leveraging team velocity and predictability
- Manage, plan and adjust project budget considering team velocity
- Leverage Agile/Lean values as framework of improvements
Qualifications and Desirable Skillsets
- Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
- Be highly effective in group facilitation techniques, decision making, and conflict resolutions skills
- Ability to balance competing or conflicting goals of various teams/stakeholders
- Advanced level of understanding of agile principles and practices, service-oriented environments, and iterative development practices and risk management
- More than 5 years of experience in a project coordination/scrum master role
- Ability to proactively identify and mitigate risks using Agile best practices and project data
- Excellent communication & mentoring skills
To apply, please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please reference Scrum Master in the subject line.
Wavefront thanks all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.