AT WAVEFRONT / VIEW ALL JOBS
UI UX Designer
About the Company
Wavefront is Canada’s leader in transforming business through mobile and IoT innovation. We are a centre for commercialization for companies in the wireless and IoT technologies space and our vision is to build a globally relevant, nationally connected ecosystem that delivers digital capacity, competitiveness and prosperity for Canadians.
Founded 10 years ago, Wavefront has helped accelerate the growth of 500 wireless enabled companies. We deliver our programs and services across Canada through satellite offices and partnerships. We have helped over 200 companies expand into global markets and assisted our clients in securing over $100 million in follow on investment. We work with companies at all stages of their life-cycle and across multiple industry sectors to help launch new business models, change organizational processes or enhance their customers’ experiences. Our expertise, resources and connections to partnership opportunities and global markets enable companies to accelerate their commercial impact. Wavefront has generated net economic gains for Canada, contributing to all levels of government through tax revenues and job creation.
As a UI/UX Designer, reporting to the UI/UX Practice Lead, you will be responsible for taking user experience strategy with visual direction and translating them into creative assets for development. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience. The UI/UX designer is guided by user-centric design and is someone who can produce logical flows from one step to the next for the best user experience. Wavefront is looking for a designer who prioritizes ease-of-use, responsive, and instinctive layout in meeting the end user’s goals while optimizing how they interact with our products. This role will be at the forefront of culture shift within our organization, leading a growing practice area comprised of internal staff and a trusted partner network. We are looking for an individual that is passionate about developing an overall vision that clearly identifies solutions and transforms that vision through execution into a solution.
To thrive in this role, you must be an extremely energetic hard-working self-starter with a love of technology. You love variety, work independently and command excellent communication skills and understand, appreciate and nurture the value of team.
- Facilitate client’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
Qualifications and Desirable Skillsets
- Strong appreciation for user-centered design
- Understanding of UI/UX current best practices
- Ability to create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps effectively
- Strong proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision or other visual design and prototyping tools
- Ability to pitch and present designs to stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently towards goals in a diverse, matrixed environment with multiple and changing demands
- Passion for client satisfaction
- You have fire in your belly
Experience and Education
- Bachelor of Design or equivalent in a design-related field
- Strong portfolio with experience in web or mobile applications
- Strong data-driven approach in critical design decisions
- Designed solutions for varied internal/and external stakeholders
- Strong and current awareness of emerging technology trends and best practices
To apply, please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please reference UI UX Designer in the subject line.
Wavefront thanks all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.