AT WAVEFRONT / VIEW ALL JOBS
About the Company
Wavefront is Canada’s leader in transforming business through mobile and IoT innovation. We are a centre for commercialization for companies in the wireless and IoT technologies space and our vision is to build a globally relevant, nationally connected ecosystem that delivers digital capacity, competitiveness and prosperity for Canadians.
Founded 10 years ago, Wavefront has helped accelerate the growth of 500 wireless enabled companies. We deliver our programs and services across Canada through satellite offices and partnerships. We have helped over 200 companies expand into global markets and assisted our clients in securing over $100 million in follow on investment. We work with companies at all stages of their life-cycle and across multiple industry sectors to help launch new business models, change organizational processes or enhance their customers’ experiences. Our expertise, resources and connections to partnership opportunities and global markets enable companies to accelerate their commercial impact. Wavefront has generated net economic gains for Canada, contributing to all levels of government through tax revenues and job creation.
As Product Manager, Enterprise Solutions you will be leading project teams consisting of high performers wanting to create amazing products and solutions. You will collaborate with the delivery team, trusted partners, finance, and most importantly, the clients to ensure ROI is met. As a ‘mini-CEO’ you will be making decisions predicated on budget, scope, timeline, technology constraints and business constraints to ensure problems are met with sound solutions. Not one to shy away from confrontation, you must be eloquent, yet assertive in negotiations with both internal members and external partners.
To thrive in this role, you must have exhibited natural leadership and superb communication skills in the corporate and technology sectors. You enjoy spontaneity, and understand the importance of interdependence.
- Work with clients to define the product vision and initiate the product road map, articulating the epics and features that should seed the product backlog
- Work with stakeholders to define product vision, roadmap, and discoveries
- Present and obtain Buy-in from Executive Management
- Roll up product dashboard and provide additional, periodical, and frequent communications to the business owners and management
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product
- Assess market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products
- Responsible and accountable for user stories and user acceptance criteria
- Comfortable writing user stories and user acceptance criteria as needed
- Remove team impediments
- Overall accountability for project budget and deliverables
- Maintain and strengthen client relationship, resulting in existing project success and the identification of new opportunities and strategies.
- Identify market opportunities for new projects and grow revenues within your assigned accounts
Qualifications and Desirable Skillsets
- First and foremost, you should enjoy what you do and have a passion for sharing knowledge!
- Ability to engage in customer settings and discern client business needs
- You possess strong negotiating skills and can maneuver through complex situations and across multiple business functions and stakeholders.
- Desire to work in a team environment and ability to work across organization functional boundaries
- Knowledge of Scrum Master roles & responsibilities
- Certified Scrum Product Owner Certification (CSPO)
- Advanced knowledge of product management, new product development and re-platforming
- You have creative problem-solving skills. You are adept at combining disparate ideas, concepts, and practices and are able to think outside the box to produce unique and effective solutions to improve your client’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- You are a team player with strong people skills. You are adaptable and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to achieve common goals.
- Both a Bachelors degree in a technology area coupled with an MBA is definite asset
To apply, please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please reference Product Manager in the subject line.
Wavefront thanks all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.