AT WAVEFRONT / VIEW ALL JOBS
Director, Enterprise Solutions
About the Company
Wavefront is Canada’s leader in transforming business through mobile and IoT innovation. We are a centre for commercialization for companies in the wireless and IoT technologies space and our vision is to build a globally relevant, nationally connected ecosystem that delivers digital capacity, competitiveness and prosperity for Canadians.
Founded 10 years ago, Wavefront has helped accelerate the growth of 500 wireless enabled companies. We deliver our programs and services across Canada through satellite offices and partnerships. We have helped over 200 companies expand into global markets and assisted our clients in securing over $100 million in follow on investment. We work with companies at all stages of their life-cycle and across multiple industry sectors to help launch new business models, change organizational processes or enhance their customers’ experiences. Our expertise, resources and connections to partnership opportunities and global markets enable companies to accelerate their commercial impact. Wavefront has generated net economic gains for Canada, contributing to all levels of government through tax revenues and job creation.
As Director, Enterprise Solutions you will be at the forefront of culture shift within our organization, leading a growing consulting practice. You will collaborate with our delivery team comprised of internal staff and a trusted partner network to qualify and scope opportunities to ensure both project success and the realization of expected project margins. You will work with cross functional teams to assess enterprise and public sector for market gaps in innovation, with a goal of strengthening the Wavefront value proposition. As one of the leaders of the practice you will assist in the global expansion of the organization creating a repeatable sales and delivery process. As Director you are accountable for developing a business plan, forecasting and funnel management with direct selling targets. You will have the task of evolving the current sales methodology and strategies in order to grow the team and increase revenue to the organization. You have experience selling innovative digital design and development services for web, mobile and emerging technologies and ideally, digital transformation as a service to larger enterprises.
To thrive in this role, you must be an extremely energetic hard-working self-starter with extensive experience in the corporate and technology sectors. You love variety, work independently and command excellent communication skills and understand, appreciate and nurture the value of team.
- Contribute in direct selling, while managing the sales funnel.
- Grow the funnel through prospecting and partners.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for revenue and profit
- Explore new partnerships, while cultivating the existing trusted partner network for delivery capabilities
- Collaborate with our enterprise partners to drive thought leadership in Canadian mobile and IoT technology
- Oversee the delivery of large enterprise and government projects/programs.
- Act as an advisor to the delivery teams and clients.
- Build, develop, manage a passionate, creative and resourceful team.
- Own the P&L and report on forecast and actuals to executive management
Qualifications and Desirable Skillsets
- 10+ years in a sales leadership role in a high-growth environment
- A track record of consistently growing revenues and delivering on aggressive targets.
- Previous experience managing professional services and solutions delivery teams.
- Experience working with the following or similar methodologies: Agile, Lean, Kanban, SCRUM
- Thorough understanding and experience with software development life cycle
- Advanced knowledge of product management, new product development and re-platforming
- You possess strong negotiating skills and can maneuver through complex situations and across multiple business functions and stakeholders.
- You have creative problem-solving skills. You are adept at combining disparate ideas, concepts, and practices and are able to think outside the box to produce unique and effective solutions to improve your client’s effectiveness and efficiency.
To apply, please email a copy of your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations to [email protected], no later than March 31, 2018. Please reference "Director, Enterprise Solutions" in the subject line.
Wavefront thanks all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.