AT WAVEFRONT / VIEW ALL JOBS
About the Company
Wavefront is Canada’s leader in transforming business through mobile and IoT innovation. We are a centre for commercialization for companies in the wireless and IoT technologies space and our vision is to build a globally relevant, nationally connected ecosystem that delivers digital capacity, competitiveness and prosperity for Canadians.
Founded 10 years ago, Wavefront has helped accelerate the growth of 500 wireless enabled companies. We deliver our programs and services across Canada through satellite offices and partnerships. We have helped over 200 companies expand into global markets and assisted our clients in securing over $100 million in follow on investment. We work with companies at all stages of their life-cycle and across multiple industry sectors to help launch new business models, change organizational processes or enhance their customers’ experiences. Our expertise, resources and connections to partnership opportunities and global markets enable companies to accelerate their commercial impact. Wavefront has generated net economic gains for Canada, contributing to all levels of government through tax revenues and job creation.
As a member of the Wavefront engineering team, you will be involved in the scoping, prototyping, development, and delivery of products. You will be working closely with team members across different departments as well with clients and Wavefront partners. As a member of the team, you will be a role-model for engineering best-practices. While some XP practices such as pair programming and test-driven development would be encouraged, it is up to you to help refine the practices that fit best for the team.
With our rapidly growing Toronto team, your impact will be large in the overall office culture and success of the company. We are looking for fun collaborative individuals who are ready to roll up their sleeves, build amazing products, and help Canada push the boundaries in technology. We pride ourselves in solving wicked problems; ones that have yet to be solved.
- Execute full lifecycle of software development
- Program well-designed, testable, and readable code
- Enforce software engineering best practices
- Assist in scoping projects and providing technical feedback
- Collaborate with team members, clients, and partners
Qualifications and Desirable Skillsets
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Consulting and vendor management skills
- Excellent communicator with the ability to drive difficult conversations to resolution
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Able and willing to work full stack and be platform agnostic
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Open to pair programming to encourage mentorship and code quality
Experience and Education
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of work experience in software development
- Work experience in at least 2 tech stacks (native mobile, server-side backend, front-end web, etc)
Nice to Have
- Experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines
- Experience or interest in Test-Driven Development
- Experience or passion in machine learning and/or blockchain technologies
To apply, please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please reference Software Engineer in the subject line.
Wavefront thanks all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.