Conference focuses on applying technologies to humanity’s grand challenges
Vancouver, British Columbia, October 11, 2017. Vancouver tech and business leaders are hosting a satellite broadcast of the SingularityU Canada Summit on October 12. BC Tech Association, [email protected], the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade and Wavefront are inviting innovators, entrepreneurs and adventurous thinkers to join the broadcast, panel discussions and networking event on October 12.
Singularity University is a Silicon Valley think tank that is creating a global community with the mindset, skillset and network to create an abundant future. For the first time in Canada, SingularityU is bringing together Canadian leaders and innovators for the SingularityU Canada Summit in Toronto, October 11-12. The Summit, featuring provocative thinkers, futurists and bold new ideas, is sold out.
The Vancouver satellite event, one of more than 40 across the country, will feature:
- Re-broadcast of two SingularityU Canada Summit keynote sessions:
- Exonomics, Amin Toufani: Exponential Economics – or Exonomics – is the study of this emerging new world and its implications for individuals, businesses and governments.
- Improving our Human Selves, Divya Chander: Learn just how powerful the brain is and how it can be our greatest asset in preserving and improving our long-term health
- Panel featuring Singularity University alumni, including Aranka Anema, with Global Health Research and Social entrepreneur Gordon Casey from Bravely, and notable researchers from UBC, including Dr. Martin Dawes, Head of UBC Family Practice and founder of GenXys and Ajung Moon, Director of Open Robotics, UBC
- Interactive showcase of the latest #BCTECH innovations
“As a leading startup community and a vibrant tech ecosystem, Vancouver is part of the movement that Singularity University is leading,” says Michelle Sklar, Vice President of Marketing and Communications with Wavefront. “We are proud to host this satellite event in partnership with community partners and to help create a robust future for our province.”
- 4-8 pm, October 12
- KPMG, 777 Dunsmuir Street, 4th Floor
- Tickets are $25
For more information, contact:
Michelle Sklar, VP Marketing & Communications, Wavefront
Wavefront is Canada’s leader in transforming business through mobile and IoT innovation. We are a centre for commercialization for companies in the wireless and IoT technologies space. Our vision is to build a globally relevant, nationally connected ecosystem that delivers digital capacity, competitiveness and prosperity for Canadians.
Share this Post