Deadline: Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Location: Apply online
This global open competition aims to recognize, promote and reward innovators, entrepreneurs and early-stage startup businesses that can help us transform the industry by connecting the unconnected. Three winners of the Internet of Things Innovation Grand Challenge will share US $250,000 in award money that can be used to jumpstart new and existing businesses. Are you up for the challenge?
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
The focus of the Internet of Things (IoT) Innovation Grand Challenge is to spearhead an industry-wide initiative to accelerate the adoption of breakthrough technologies and products that will contribute to the growth and evolution of the Internet of Things.
This global open competition aims to recognize, promote and reward innovators, entrepreneurs and early-stage startup businesses that can help us transform businesses and industries by re-inventing business processes, operational efficiencies and customer service innovations.
We are seeking submissions from early stage businesses and teams that have technology-based prototypes and proof of concepts (PoC) in development. Learn more about how Cisco is defining the IoT. bb
- Submissions will be accepted between April 21 and July 1, 2014.
- Submissions are accepted in English only.
- Submissions must be entered into one of five categories: Applications and Application Enablement, Analytics, Management, Networking, or Things.
- Each submission must map to one of a variety of industries Education, Energy, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Retail, Smart Cities, Sports and Entertainment or Transportation.
- The contest will run in three phases:
Phase 1: Nineteen (19) ideas are selected for the Semi-Finals.
Phase 2: Six (6) ideas are selected to proceed to the Finals.
Phase 3: Three (3) ideas receive grand prizes
- Awards of US$250,000 in cash prizes will be shared among the three winners, and can be used to jump-start your venture. Cisco will also provide winners with mentoring, training, and access to business expertise from Cisco and other supporting organizations.
The Cisco IoT Innovation Challenge was created to attract high-potential technology startups that are seeking investment and support to accelerate their development. Successful entrants will have access to the full array of Cisco capabilities, from technology to business development, plus potential investment and partnering opportunities in the future. Please review the Terms and Conditions for full contest rules.
Share this Post