Deadline: Friday, January 17th at 5:00pm
Discovery Parks and the City of Vancouver invite early-stage technology-based companies to apply to win free workspace at the Discovery Parks Vancouver facility for one year beginning May 1, 2014. Generator Open House: Tuesday, December 17th – 1pm-4pm. Come visit Discovery Parks Vancouver, see the Generator space, meet the team, and have your questions answered.
The Generator Challenge is an annual “Dragons’ Den” style competition for startups in the lifesciences and technology sectors that award the winning startup a 12 month furnished workspace at Discovery Parks Vancouver.
What do you win?
- Up to 1,000 SqFt of fully furnished workspace (office and/or cubicles) with internet connectivity and up to two phones per company for twelve months at no cost (with certain limits on extreme internet and phone use) at Discovery Parks Vancouver – 887 Great Northern Way. Bring your computers, supplies, and start working.
- Memberships with LifeSciences BC and/or the BC Technology Industry Association with access to their mentors and programs including the “Centre4Growth”.
- A work environment of like-minded entrepreneurs and perhaps a few non-like-minded.
- Introductions and networking opportunities with the other technology companies resident in Discovery Parks Vancouver.
- Invitations to technology industry events.
- Free coffee. Yes – all the caffeine you can handle.
- Access to copying, scanning, and printing on a fee basis.
- Building amenities at Discovery Parks Vancouver include meeting rooms, an on-site café, and fitness centre. Conveniently located near the VCC Clark Skytrain Station and bus routes.
- Generator Open House – December 17th from 1pm-4pm. Come visit Discovery Parks, see the space, meet the team and have your questions answered.
- Business Plan Submission Deadline – January 17th at 5pm.
- Short-listed applicants will be contacted mid February regarding the interview date.
- Winners announced beginning/mid March.
- Move-in May 1, 2014.
Share this Post