Date: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Time: 8:30am to 4:00pm
Location: Sheraton Wall Centre Hotel, 1088 Burrard St, Vancouver, BC
Fee: $400 + HST (includes lunch and refreshments)
Wavefront & IEEE are offering this optional one-day course as part of the Wavefront Wireless Summits. It provides engineers and managers with the insights and perspectives required to take their cellular-based Machine-to-Machine (M2M) solutions from promising concept to marketplace success by successfully navigating the maze from analysis, design, approvals and support, all the way through to marketing options and launch.
At the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Define M2M and clarify the main components that comprise a cellular M2M solution.
- Understand the processes involved in bringing a solution to the M2M marketplace.
- Describe the wireless technologies and hardware available, and the selection criteria for an M2M solution.
- Explain the Regulatory, Industry and Carrier Certification Processes for wireless devices and what certification may be required depending on the solution and country.
- List steps to consider when designing the solution up front in preparation for ease of certification.
- Describe the Over-the-Air Performance Considerations.
- List the M2M platforms available to manage the SIMS/Devices.
- Explain how to prepare for deployment of an M2M Solution, and determine whether it is ready to serve customers.
- Describe the M2M business case and how to select an appropriate business model.
Share this Post