Date: Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Time: 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM (PST)
Location: Wavefront office at 1400 – 1055 West Hastings St, Vancouver BC
Cost: $10 + HST, lunch will be served
Is your technology product optimised to control for Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)? How might your device affect or interfere with the transmission of critical data from other devices? Have you considered the variable EMC regulatory regimes in your target markets? A lot of the issues related to EMC are unseen but need to be considered in your designs.
During this Lunch & Learn session, Rob Stirling, P. Eng., CEO of Protocol EMC, will clarify EMC best practices and regulatory requirements for North America and the European Union, as well as share his top tips for project planning, product design, and testing wireless products for electromagnetic compatibility.
- Planning ahead for the EMC testing process: considerations before you call for quotes
- How to prepare for EMC testing of wireless devices
- EMC considerations for product designers
- EMI: what all manufacturers need to know
- Testing and your project plan: what project managers need to know
- Pitfalls and minefields on the path to compliance
- Border crossings: the check box that controls whether your product crosses into the US
- Digital transmitters: FCC and Industry Canada testing guidelines
- Compliance and the European Union (CE Mark): wireless, EMC and safety under one mark
- Product design and the application of dielectric-independent EMI filters with integral surge protection
Who should attend?
This session is ideal for hardware engineers, product verification and quality assurance specialists, project managers, testers, and production and manufacturing leads.
About Protocol EMC:
Protocol EMC provides complete electromagnetic compatibility testing and compliance consulting services for FCC (US), Industry Canada, and CE (EU). We perform Emissions and Immunity Testing for all areas of electronics manufacturing, including Industrial, Scientific, Medical, Information Technology, Telecom, Wireless, Automotive, Marine and Avionics. In addition to EMC Testing Services, Protocol EMC and its partner companies can help your company navigate complex international regulatory issues and provide help with product design for EMC compliance. www.protocol-emc.com
Share this Post